Would you like to join us? Here are our upcoming trips!
WHAT ARE team trips ABOUT
Team Trips are design to bring together groups of people that have a heart to share their time and talents to help the impoverished country and people in Haiti.
- To become a member of any team - SIGN UP, by contacting us at the telephone number listed below to secure your space.
- Space or team size will be limited to approx. 20 team members total. Exceptions can be made depending on the individual team focus and travel plans.
- Please note, you are not required to have previous medical or dental, although it is required to serve as a team leader. Please pray for guidance and have a willingness to serve in various areas of ministry as needed. We always need prayer warriors that are willing to "watch & pray" during our clinics each day.
- Do you have a heart for ministry? You may need to spend time volunteering on the evangelism team that ministers and prays with every patient that attends our clinics.
- Would you like to join us? If so, reserve your "place" today by contacting us!
2018 TEAM TRIPs
Trip Dates: August 2 - 6, 2018 -- Hope Orphanage Team Trip
- This trip focus will include spending lots of time with the children at HOPE Orphanage in Fontamara, Haiti.
- Light construction -- general cleanup of the facilities, painting and possibly building a few tables for the children.
- Playing with and getting to know the HOPE children during the "working" part of each visit day.
- Sign up by sending us a text or email to the below phone number and/or email address.
FALL 2018 Trip Dates: November 3 - 10, 2018
- This trip focus will include medical, dental and chiropractic clinics. As with all trips, Evangelism will be a large ministry focus during this trip!
- No Experience, No problem. If you are flexible and eager to learn; we can train you to serve in various capacities.
- Prayer partners are encouraged to joy this trip as well. We need you to serve alongside the evangelism team.
- Sign up by emailing or calling us at the below
2019 TEAM Trip Dates
The 2019 team trips will be posted soon.
- We will be hosting a Spring trip -- dates are normally late March or early/mid April. Check back soon for the date posting!!
Volunteer Team Member Information:
- Each team member is required to complete our volunteer application form and submit to us prior to trip leave date. The application form is on our website page.
- Our 7 night, 8 day team trip cost is $550.00 per team member. This includes 7 nights lodging fees, 2 meals per day, and "on the ground" transportation while serving with the team in Haiti. (If your team trip dates are less than 7 nights, the above rate can be prorated to accommodate your specific team needs.) Please note: this above cost does not include your airfare, $10.00 Haiti tourism fee (required for all non-residence of Haiti at time of entrance into the country), overseas travel insurance or any cost(s) for your recreation day, such as beach site daily entrance fees, souvenirs, etc.
- Please note: If the total team trip members count is less than 10 and the total trip dates are less than 7, JWM - Haiti Missions reserves the right to pro-rate or quote a separate trip rate, due to the cost of guest house and transportation operation costs. Please contact us for more details and/or a trip rate estimate.
- Internet service is usually available at our guest house location, for a small additional fee. (This service subject to change and internet availability is limited)
- An overseas travel insurance is required by each team member and the coverage must be for the entire trip "out of country" dates. To check your travel-medical insurance trip coverage cost, you can visit this website: www.sevencorners.com/travel-medical-insurance#/quote
- Please contact us for any additional team member trip information, details and how to secure your reservation.
- Send your email request to: email@example.com / call & leave a message 770-718-9263 / or send a text to 770-540-8033
TEAM TRIP COORDINATORS & PLANNERS!!
DO YOU NEED GUEST HOUSING AND TRANSPORTATION FOR YOUR TEAM?
We are now available for your team bookings. We offer a very comfortable guest house with two large dorm style rooms(with air conditioning), lots of outdoor seating & meeting space for you and your team to rest from a day of hard work!
*Please note: secure dates by applying for a reservation booking. Call to discuss and confirm more details. 770-718-9263 or 770-540-8033
Please note, team bookings require a minimum of a 5 night team stay and minimum of 10 total team members. Maximum team size is 20 team members. A small security deposit may be required to "hold" your reservation dates. (Amount can be applied to your booking expenses, if dates are not changed or cancelled.)
- Bus transportation service is also available at an affordable daily/weekly rental rate.
- Contact us at the email address or telephone number listed above.
WHAT TO PACK
- Small backpack -- to carry your lunch food, water bottle, and other items during daily travel
- Small LED flashlight - don't forget extra batteries! Rechargeable type is best.
- Comfortable shoes – tennis or walking shoes are best
- Clothing: 100% cotton is recommended. No sleeveless clothing please.
- For women: skirts and short sleeve blouses or dresses. T-shirts are OK as well. Scrubs are fine to be worn during clinic service days.
- For men: Pants, long walking or cargo type shorts, cotton shirts, T-shirts
- Bandanas (red is not a preferred color)
- Hat or cap for sun protection
- Sunscreen lotion or spray, Sport type with SPF 50
- Bug repellent – with a high DEET level
- Hand sanitizer, several of the smaller size is best
- Antibacterial wipes, packed in a plastic container/package
- Rubbing Alcohol, 1 pint size, unopened, please tape the lid as well
- Packaged food items (individual/small size servings is best)
- Please plan to pack a lunch each work day for yourself & one Haitian volunteer that will be working with us. Suggestions: Vienna sausage, packaged meats, canned beans, snack crackers, cookies, raisins, peanut butter, trail/nut mixes. A stick of summer sausage with saltine crackers will feed several people too. Bottled or good drinking water will be provided.
- Sodas and other bottled drinks can be purchased during daily travel or at the guest house.
- No hair dryers, curling or flattening irons please.
- Any valuables, such as expensive jewelry, watches, etc. should not be taken on your trip.
- Small Bible - (come prepared to share a morning devotion)
- Journal – You are encouraged to journal your trip; before, during, and after travel.
- Camera - You're going to want to take a lot of pictures!
- Personal Items to bring or consider:
- 1 small roll of toilet tissue
- Small/travel size Kleenex packets
- 1- roll paper towels
- Any/all medications that you take regularly
- Small hand and bath towel (optional)
- Bed Pillows (optional)